Another Monday...

Dear Mom,
I am sure you and all 2.5 of my blog readers think I fell off the thankful wagon this week.  But the truth is I am a mess.  Brother H2 in our ward passed away very unexpectedly last week.  And the following morning another Brother from the ward passed as well.  It has been 4 years since you left us here and I was doing pretty good this year, up till now.  I was even feeling like the earth was letting out a sigh of relief and not mourning this fall.  The colors are so bright and vibrant this year!  I am still missing you.  I am going to lump my past thankful days into this one big one for today's.
I am thankful for the time we spent together before you died.  The days spent talking.  The days spent reading.  The photographs we labeled.  The places you told me not to forget about.  And even how to bathe a newborn baby.  All the little "mothers secrets" passed from your grandmother to you, to me, so that I can pass them on to my girls.  #12 had her birthday last month.  She is in Young Women's now.  But tonight she asked me to tuck her in.  I am thankful for all the nights you tucked me in.  Sitting by my bed and winding down the day.  Letting me have my ge-ge with the satin binding.  I am thankful that you wanted to be a mother.  My mother.  And a mother to my brothers and sisters.  We could not have come out any more different than we are, but share the common roots you and Dad planted for us.  Speaking of Dad, I am thankful that you put up with him for 40 years.  I don't know how you did it, but you did.  I guess that gave you a first-class seat on your ride up there right! He is realizing what a accommodating woman you were.  I am just grateful to have known you.  I love you Mom.  Still miss you but not mourning your loss as much.  I know you have things to do.

Love,
Me

Comments

Renee Campbell said…
Dee, Im sending you the biggest hug after reading this. Beautifully written. Your mom sounds like she was an amazing woman, which is no surprise because you are too!

Popular Posts