Another Monday, MORE Rain and...

A LOUSY COLD. It has really been a long time since I have had that little bugger, the common cold. Such a small virus in the world of nastys. My head hurts, my nose is running, I am achy, I am sweaty, I am cold. Oh did I mention I am miserable. I hate taking cold medicine, so I guess I will just let it run its course.

But in the meantime here is a little number I baked up ummm let's just say a week or so ago, cause apparently I am not so good in the "how long ago department" (wink wink).....

SIMPLE GERMAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE

I made these specifically with my Dad in mind. When my Momma would make German Chocolate cake, it was always from a box with the canned Coconut Pecan frosting. Now don't go hate'in on me, cause I know just as well as you do HOW FREAKING GOOD that cake is. With a tall glass of milk....hmmmm maybe that will make me feel better tonight. Oh right, here I am, I digress. But I have always known how much my Dad does NOT LIKE FROSTING, I know he is WEIRD! So when I was making these a while back I thought to myself, self....could you improve upon these for your dear ole Dad? And this is what I came up with.


Yes I made them from a Box. Pillsbury to be exact. German Chocolate. I filled the cupcake liners half full and threw on top of the batter some Roasted Pecans, and 5, to be exact, Dark Chocolate Chips. Cause I'm like that ya know! Then I added the rest of the batter on top of all that yummy gooeyness. Then I added Toasted Coconut, Pecans and DARK CHOCOLATE Chips on top and baked them as the box called. I was a little worried about burning the tops with the Coconut being toasted already, But as you can see it was ALL GOOD.

Comments

Popular Posts