Here's to you Shirley Whipple...

She was the mother of one of my Mother's high school mates. A name that a little 4 year old picks up and locks away in her memory as something glamorous and grown up...


When I was a little girl my parents would take me out with them more often than not. One of the favorite places I remember going to was Clearman's "North Wood's Inn". The famous red cabbage salad and cheese bread could only be out done by the house blue cheese dressing. AND you got to throw the peanut shells on the floor. But my fondest memory is being allowed to order my own drink from the bar,"Shirley Whipple" hey it was 1973 or around there. Some of you may delight in this drink on occasion yourselves, also known as the Shirley Temple. There are cherries all the way down to the bottom of the glass in there folks.

The recent trip to California brought out a yearning desire to go, so we went. We feasted and laughed. The youngers complained how they where never brought to this magical place by our parents. But in Mama and Dad's defense by the time the youngers came around they were having one a year or so for about 5 years! And after we saw the bill, we knew why they never went. Here is brothers fillet with the cheese butter potato...


Jerushia, lukE, Myself, Heather and Shawn. Bebe Joey did not get to make it this trip. But we are all Hadsall's so I am sure there is still much journey to lie ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts