The Numbers...

As a woman you tend to judge your worth by THE NUMBERS

the number in your bank account
the number of designer labels in your closet
the number on your scale
the number of children you have given birth to to
the number of rings on your fingers
the number of rungs on the ladder you have climbed

BUT your value is not in those numbers at all...consider these numbers instead

the number of times you have smiled
the number of hugs you have shared
the number of compliments you have given
the number of people you have encouraged with a word or a touch
the number of genuine laughs you have heard
the number of family members you call friend
the number of friends you call family

If you choose to use number to determine your worth, make sure they are the numbers that really count.
I am not sure who to give credit to for the above, but I found this so touching that several years ago I did a scrapbook layout about myself with it. And if you are a scrapbooker, you will understand how poignant it was for me to do a layout about myself.

Today my number is 0, ZERO. that is how much cancer is in my body at this time. And I could not be happier! The final pathology read that yes there was a malignant section of the tumor, but the allowable parameter of benign tissue in the excision did not warrant any follow up treatment at this time. I go in for blood work and MRI in 4-6 months time.

On with life. I have heard my Dad say on more than one occasion that "it is not about the destination, but about the journey to get there." He reads alot of travel magazines or dreams about road trips. If you grew up in our house there was always a traveling bag packed and ready to go. And don't get me started on the "moving boxes", half un-loaded or half packed, take your pick they where always there. Either way my parents never really settled in one spot in life. But they always called California home. Both my parents where born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley of Southern California. Both sets of Grandparents, raised their families, retired and died there as well. We made the journey the week after Christmas to try and settle my Grandfathers remains, to no avail. The Journey was fun. I spent some time with my siblings and got to know my Dad a little better. But life for my Grandfather ended up being just the numbers. How many years he worked, how many investments he had, how many, how many, how many...
Numbers, think about them.

Comments

Popular Posts