A torrid new love affair...


Here he is, in all that shiny stainless glory...

And I say he because a cookie scoop does the dirty work in the cookie making process, I LOVE to make cookies, but I hate, no make that adhore having to drop them out on to the cookie sheet. But on a whim I ponied up the $8 or $9 dollars for this beautiful kitchen gadget specimen. It can scoop up a perfect measurement of cookie dough and plop out one masterful cookie dough ball in mere seconds. Lined up there on my cookies sheets are minions of little dough balls that await their birth in the oven to become the GREATEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE that the world has even known. Even if I do say so myself.


Grandma Jenny's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup of butter

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp real vanilla

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 1/2 to 3 cups of flour

1 bag of toll house choc chips

1 cup of chopped nuts if desired (and I so desire pee-cans)

Cream together your sugars and butter till fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat. Add the vanilla, soda and salt, beat. Slowly add your flour 1/2 cup at a time till it is no longer sticky. Add your chips and nuts, don't mix to hard at this point, you don't want to hurt the feelings of all that yummy chocolate and crush the hearts of your nuts.

Drop onto a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake at 350 for approx 8 minutes. Pull the pan out and tap it down (This is the trick to getting a chewy cookie) let bake another 1 -2 minutes.

This should yield about 5 dozen cookies, if you can stay out of the cookie dough and warm cookies. Don't forget the milk and Enjoy!


Comments

Lot-O-Choc said…
Wow a cookie dough scoop!! This is such a good idea!! Bet it makes life so much easier!!
Lot-O-Choc said…
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
No I'm from Newcastle in the United Kingdom, I wish we had some of the baking stuff you guys have in the US, whenever I go over to the SDtates I have to stock up on loads of stuff hehe.
Merry Christmas to you as well.
Anonymous said…
I too LOVE my cookie scoop. In fact, I have no earthly idea how I did without it before hand. Enjoyed ready your blog. It has many complex layers to it. Have a happy hoilday.
Jerushia said…
LOVE that recipe...I won 2nd place at the LA county fair with those cookies!! Did you know you can get different sizes of scoops?
love ya!

Popular Posts