Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon,

Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph!

I have been able to name all the reindeer for as long as I can remember. My Grandpa on my Dad's side of the family taught me their names. I used to spend 2-3 days before Christmas Eve at my Grandparents house every year as a small child, up until the time we moved to South Carolina when I was 14. I loved my Grandparents very much. My Grandma Jenny was the most awesome Grandmother. Not the kind for warm hugs and cuddles but the kind that taught me how to wear lipstick and dress the table for Christmas dinner. She has Christmas china and stemware. There was always matching linens and the decorations in her house where the best. She sewed up the felt stockings with the sequin embroidery for all 6 of us kids. Then she started with the sequin and beaded ornaments and tree skit. After that she moved on to making music boxes. On the ledge in the kitchen was a complete Santa sleigh scene with all of those reindeer. In the fireplace was a "stuck" Santa. I miss my Grandma. She passed away when #19 was 9 months old. I have the stocking she made for #19 right before she died. Grandma Jenny also is responsible for teaching me to cook and menu plan for dinner parties. I love her.

Here is a little funny for the day...

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antler in the beginning of winter usually in November up to mid-December. Female reindeer retain their antler until after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, they all had antlers,...........SO............every single one of them from Dasher to Blitzen, and even Rudolph, had to be a GIRL! We should have known only women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one single night, and not get lost.

Have a great day Boys and Girls, I am off to plan my Dinner Party Menu for the Ugly Sweter Party!

Comments

Popular Posts