Pills, Sleep and Donuts

One of the small problems I face on a daily basis is the ability to remember to take my "PILLS". I take a seizure medication, Prozac and now thyroid medication. This is one of the most important things I am supposed to do each and every single day. I miss at least 1-2 days a week usually. I have been a pill popper for 7 1/2 years now. I HATE IT. Let's just say this, I have children due to the inability to remember to take pills (JK). Now let me just say this I am not a nice person when I forget those 2 little blue/green pills each morning. My children refer to me as Ursula (for all the The Little Mermaid Fans, you know who I am talking about). My point to all of this is I have to start back to work in 12 days (yeah, I got a job). I need to find a way to make sure I take those pills every single stinking day. BTW, the seizure ones are kinda important also. The thyroid ones, well lets just say you would think that the weight loss thing would be one hot iron to poke me along.
The other thing I have to, have to, have to get reorganized is my sleep pattern. With a TBI it is soooooo important to have a regular sleep pattern. I know this thing, I testify of thing, I would sell my children to wild Pigmy's, if I could just force myself to follow this THING! In the past 2 years I have allowed myself to go to bed at all hours and get up at any hour. Brain stimulation is a really powerful thing, but it can bite you in the ass if you let it, which I have. The brain goes into stimulation overdrive at any given time, 24 hours a day (remember those REALLY BIG IDEAS). It is nothing for me to get up at 3:00am and go into the studio and work. Then go to bed at 6:30am and sleep till 1 or 2:00pm. This makes for a very free, creative lifestyle. Going back to work will demand structure in my life. I am terrified of structure, I hate it, I would rather give up donuts (JK). Maybe I'll reward myself with donuts for following the concrete sequential habits I need to have. Yeah that sounds perfect!

Comments

Popular Posts