Open up the window and let the breeze in.

Today for the first time in a very very long time I bonded with another woman. And no it was not in the homophobic, gawd I think she is beautiful kind of way. I am getting to know some of the other women I will be working with. I was able to share with her the experience of taking care of my Mom in her final weeks of life. I never realized how it would affect someone who never knew my Mom. But more significant than that is the connection I made with another person. I do not do this very often. My typical responsive behavior is to ramble to much or not enough and not join in. I feel like I have spent many years on the outside looking in. I am sure I will keep looking in but just for a moment today we chatted threw the open window.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you! All too often I feel as though I am incapable of finding a socially acceptable level of talking. Either I ramble for 3 hours on the benefits of flossing prior to brushing ones teeth or I remain utterly silent for 3 hours and almost kill people when I move to leave because they forgot I existed. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Popular Posts